20 November 2012

A day in Freiburg

Spreading aroma of fresh baked sausages followed by a cracking sound of roasting, in front of one of the most beautiful cathedrals I have ever seen. A bunch of Macedonians and Croats walking around with sparkly eyes, hungry enough to try those delicious sandwiches.

Yum-yum!

The legendary sausages from the Cathedral Square

En la calle fueron tambien dos mujeres de Espana, preguntando si la salsa es demasiado picante. Y era, tengo que admitir. (sorry for the writing, i don't have Spanish font :)

To be honest, my imagination for this wonderful city was quite different from what it really is. Probably it was because I have never heard about this town before, so I kind of had prejudices and definitely underestimated Freiburg!

Now, having it already seen, I can not find enough words to express and explain how positively surprised and impressed I am. For example, the way that Western Europe celebrates Christmas is so awesome! In front of the cathedral, there were so many nice and cosy people, selling different types of pine branches, so nicely decorated and so colourful. Even though Christmas is not yet to happen in another month, I could totally feel the atmosphere. You might think, what is this crazy girl talking about, it is so common everywhere, but I have to say that in Macedonia Christmas is celebrated rather different then here, so that made me feel the way it made me feel :D.


After some time spent in front of the cathedral, curiously staring at these Christmas decorations, we decided to taste a German beer. We went to a local pub, called “Martin’s Bräu”, where several of us tried dark beer, and several of us decided to chill with tea with rum and coffee :))).




What we also found very interesting was the fact that in the town there are more bikes then people, certainly. In front of universities, small shops, malls, local coffee shops and pubs, everywhere!!!
On the topic of things that are frequent in Freiburg, I just have a simple question for the German people. What is the thing with the twin babies? Whenever a woman gets pregnant here, it has to be twins? :))) Is that some kind of a tradition or it just happens by accident? Only kidding! :D




Overall, the day spent in Freiburg was rather nice. Not really big, not too crowded, cosy and joyful enough for me to want to live there. And it would be awesome if I could visit that place once again some day. Very nice memories, wonderful few hours spent in Freiburg, MANY twin-babies and a lot of sausages will be my reminiscence of this place.



Well done Germany! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment